Guardhouse no 1. at Westerplatte
At 4.48 a.m on 1st of September 1939, the German battleship, Schleswig Holstein, paying a courtesy visit to Gdańsk, began shelling Westerplatte, where the Polish Military Transit Depot was located. The battle lasted seven days. Guardhouse No. 1 was one of the key links in the chain of the Polish defence.
Mateusz Jasik, manager
m.jasik(at)muzeumgdansk.pl; mob.: +48 789 449 681