Join the Benefactor Programme. It's easy!
The Benefactors of the Gdańsk Museum are a group of over 300 people, women and men from Gdańsk, Poland and from abroad: Germany, Great Britain, United States, Russia, Norway, Canada, Israel and Australia.
We hope that this number will soon increase thanks to the program for anyone who wishes to donate items related to the history of Gdańsk and its’ inhabitants. We accept tokens regardless of their age, form or preservation state. The items can be a heritage object from distant times as well as a testimony of ongoing events. We accept all objects:
- old photographs;
- old books (as well as manuscripts);
- paintings, graphics & posters
- military items (weapons)
- amber & jewelry;
- other items.
The items can be slightly damaged, worn off – the most important criteria is their unique history connected with Gdańsk, which deserves to be told and kept in the Museum for future generations.
In return for donating the item to our collection:
- The Benefactor is entitled to free admission to the Museum and its’ branches. Guests of the Benefactor (up to 5 people) are entitled to a reduced ticket;
- We will also devote temporary exhibitions to the donors and their memorabilia, enabling the integration of the community of Gdańsk history enthusiasts from all over the world;
- All Benefactors receive a discount on the publications of the Gdańsk Museum (a 10% discount);
- If we publish a book with an image of the donated item, the publication is given to the Benefactor free of charge;
- We provide free digitization of the donated souvenirs and place their image along with information about the donor on our Online Collection portal.
Start donating now by e-mailing us at: email@example.com.
The discount on the publications is granted only after e-mail contact at firstname.lastname@example.org and providing the Benefactors Card number and the identity of its owner.